Saturday, March 8, 2008

Busted Stuff

Well, i did end up going snowboarding today, which was great, i'm getting to the point where i can turn and stop and carve without falling and such, which makes the whole business a lot more fun. Despite this, i did fall and get a mild concussion, which wasn't fun, i don't remember falling at all, i just remember sitting for a while until i got to the point where i could go again. I was wearing a helmet, so that's good, and i'm pretty much better now. I also hurt my knee a bit, and i have a bit of a black eye, but all in all a good time, and will probably be the only time i can snowboard during the day out here because it's so expensive. I also got a pretty attractive sunburn on a very small part of my face, so it looks sort of like a rash.

The moral of this story is that i'm going to look way busted up for the formal tonight. I was going to try to make my hair somewhat formal, ala Christian Bale in batman (i totally don't have a man crush on christian bale, don't listen to such lies...), instead of the little mushroom thing i have going on, but instead i think i'm going to use it to hide my black eye. An additional moral is that it may not be the best idea to go snowboarding right before the church formal, but c'est la vie.

Those concerned about my health and decision making ability should know that i resisted the urge to go on that last run when i found out i had hurt my knee, which turned out to be a great idea since a little while later i realized that i was concussed, and just how much my knee hurt.

So now i'm hanging out until the formal wishing i could take a nap but would rather not go comatose, so here i am. I bought super smash brothers brawl yesterday, meaning that between snowboarding, the formal, and that i've spent over 100 dollars in a period of less than 24 hours, but i have tax returns coming up and i'm donating my life energy next saturday, which should cover the bills. I should clarify that while i paid for it yesterday, i'm picking it up tonight. I couldn't do the tournament they were doing because i decided that would be a little messed up to leave the dance about 45 minutes into it.

So yeah, good stuff all in all. i believe this is the first time i've had a concussion, at least that i can remember. On the other hand, i don't remember actually getting the concussion, just the after affects, so it's possible i've gotten concussions before but just mistaked them for being tired and having a headache.

I decided that from what i've heard, being concussed is fairly similar to getting drunk, and considering the way bashing my brain against the inside of my skull makes me feel, the appeal in alcohol alludes me.

Now i'm nursing my snowboarding hangover, i really wish i could take a nap, oh well.

No comments: