Friday, March 7, 2008

"Oh, all that i know, there's nothing here to run from...

It's going to be warmer in Utah than in mississippi tomorrow (by one degree). Madness.

In other maddening news, I found out today that my Dad has to have an operation tomorrow for Colon cancer. From what i've heard, it seems that after the operation it should be fine, but still, it's scary and weird. That's twice this year that someone i've cared about has had to deal with cancer, i still don't know what to do with it.

This is also weird because i have a very hard time imagining my dad sick. He's never sick, i honestly can't think of a single time in my life that he's been sick, i'm sure they've happened, but i can't remember them. I think i have this image of my dad being above things like disease and age, which is sort of how i feel about myself as well, which adds to the weirdness of all this because if he's not immune to things like that, i don't suppose i am either. Without a doubt one of my greatest fears is becoming old, or more specifically, incapable. But yeah, if you're the type to pray, it'd definitely be appreciated.

Despite this, and to my surprise, life continues. This weekend looks to be enjoyable, although i expect tomorrow will be difficult, 4 straight hours of class, that on what looks to be very little sleep, but once that's done i can relax and enjoy my weekend. If i can convince Kelly to take me to donate plasma i'll go snowboarding on Saturday. I've realized that this friend i've made is a whole lot like Logan, it's sort of weird, but Logan (and therefore jake, said friend) being a righteous dude, it makes for some fun times.

I don't know...little things seem so pointless at the moment, i need to sleep.

...and there, everybody's got somebody to lean on"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry about your dad. i hope the surgery goes well.

and don't worry... people will still love you when you're "incapable" and that's really all you need.

Camilla said...

Yeah, it's pretty messed up- I try not to think about it, because I have been assured that it will be fine, and when I think about it I get sad.

I agree that it is a strange feeling as the little things in life continue to happen, even in the middle of big things.

mrdudm said...

I went to the future, your father was a super samurai defending the world from invaders...so the surgery goes well!

Unknown said...

You have a poseur Logan friend? I'm intrigued... you'll have to tell me more about this 'Jake' person.

Also, glad to hear that all's well down South [well as could be expected with the situation]