Sunday, January 21, 2007

So I have a blog now

For some reason or another, i felt like starting a blog. I already have LJ and Xanga, but i dunno, i just like this more. Hopefully this will stay more of a journal than a talking to my friends and reporting my day. We'll see how that goes.

So, lets start with the title. This way to infinity is a chaptor from the Phantom Tollbooth, which is one of my favorite books, and what with college and the impending doom of life, it seemed appropriate. The webaddress is mostly because it's raining a little bit right now, and falling asleep to the sound of rain is one of the greatest experiences ever, i highly recommend it.

So, who am I? As you may have already noticed, i'm not the best speller, and i don't put a whole lot of stock in capitalization online. In real life i have attrocious handwriting, i'm roughly 17, nearly 6' tall, and without a doubt skinny. I play Soccer, i swim and exercise when i can, i find clever new ways to get into relationships that go no where. I'm Mormon, which plays quite a bit into my personality and life in general. I like school i guess, the only reason i dislike some classes is because of the teachers. Science and History fascinate me, Math amazes me (e^iπ + 1 = 0, i mean how does that happen?) English makes humanity seem a little more worthwhile, and Latin is just cool. I play piano fairly well i guess, and if you need a wedding pianist i'd be more than happy to screw up the wedding march for small sums of money.

I've lived in Mississippi almost my entire life, although i doubt it's noticable. I don't have much of an accent, and a day in a city is enough to purge me of most habits of southern hospitality, which i personally feel is forced and meaningless. I generally don't say please, ma'am, sir, or anything like that if i can avoid it. Usually though i'd like to think i am respectful and polite, if not courteous. Or maybe i'm lieing to myself, either way.

Hopefully next year i'll be living in Boston or Philadelphia. I fell in love with the Northeast in 9th grade, and i'm working to get back there. I don't hate the south, but i dislike lots of things about it. I don't say ain't or ya'll out of principle, and i try to avoid any sort of southern accent. I'm sure i'll miss it sometime, and once i leave i'll probably admit that it's home, but until then, onward and upward.

I'm going to try to keep the tedium of high school relationship drama out of here, because tedium it is, and i want this blog to be mature and insightful, or at least interesting, and the revolving door of my high school love life is anything but. Besides, i have a real journal to write emo things in.

Lets see, i guess that's about the gist of my life. I have a facebook and a livejournal and a xanga and a myspace. firebert189 or Ammon Perkes should get you there, facebook is the only one worth checking. Now stop stalking me. Ok, that's pretty good for an introduction, look forward to new and exciting updates about my thoughts, dreams, goals, regrets, insights, incites, and exploits.

~The Proudest Monkey

No comments: