Monday, April 14, 2008

I can tell that we're going to be friends

Report to Room 305 in Milton Bennion Hall on the University of Utah campus. If you have a cell phone, please turn it off before you report to Room 305. Please report to Room 305 within 5 or 10 minutes of the time you were scheduled to arrive. Proceed through the door to Room 305 and go to the back of the room next to the windows. There will be an envelope with your name on it taped to the wall of the cubicle on the left. Open the envelope and follow the instructions within.

When you leave, close the door to Room 305, but please do not lock it. Thank you for your participation.


I am a fricken spy!

Actually that's untrue, and if it were i would be a very poor spy for posting it on my blog. That's actually the instructions for a survey i'm going to be in tomorrow. I'm going to steal something and then lie about it and get paid. If that isn't in keeping with the standards of a soon to be missionary i don't know what is.

In other news, physical therapy is good stuff. Is basically guided torture, but i have, for all intensive purposes, regained complete functionality. I still probably can't play soccer, or even go for a long jog, but i can run again, and i'm about half an inch shy of being able to straighten my leg out completely. Now it's just an issue of getting the strength back in something i haven't really used for 4 weeks and then keeping my ACL from getting torn the rest of the way. The Physical Therapist said that the ACL felt pretty sturdy, not that it's not a danger, but it shouldn't keep me from doing things.

Lets see, other news, it was gorgeous outside today, upper 70's, sunny, i set up my hammock outside and got a bit sun burnt on my knee (i forgot to put sunscreen on my legs, oh well). School's still winding up, i leave 2 weeks from tomorrow, which is down right frightening. But it will be nice to get back and have nothing to do all day but watch isaac...i'm sure it'll be fantastic, and at some point i'll make it up to Jackson to say hello and goodbye to all my friends out there.

I want to learn to play the guitar, and ballroom dance. Those are both things i'm probably going to work on after the mission, since i'm sure i'm capable of maintaining motivation to start something for two years. The simple fact is that being able to dance would be way cool, mad hot, if you will, and i want to be that guy.

Someday i'll finally get settled in to someplace and then not have to leave it for a long time, but until that day, aloha.

I think i've used that title before, oh well.

No comments: