Friday, July 4, 2008

Glitter is the Herpes of Craft Supplies; Sand is the Glitter of the Earth

I'm posting really a lot lately, but i figure i won't post much for the next two weeks, so it's alright. By the way, two weeks from now i'll be walking out of The Dark Knight fully satisfied and with a renewed man-crush on Christian Bale. Seriously though, isn't he just the coolest? i digress.

Tomorrow, or rather, in 4 hours, we're supposedly leaving for Utah. Realistically it'll be lucky if we leave before noon, but my goal is to be completely ready for 6 so that i can sleep in the car. The hours of 5-10 aren't something i generally experience these days, and i anticipate it will be painful.

Today i mowed the lawn, nearly ruining the lawn mower in the process. No one has ever explained to me the vital importance of not-over filling the oil, or how easy it is to do this. Anyway, forty-five minutes of siphoning and adding new oil later, the lawn mower was running great and finished the lawn with flying colors, mostly green.

I went to Institute which was alright, and then tried to go to some rope swing in D'Iberville, but there ended up being a mess, a gaggle if you will, of trashed teenagers, which took away from the awesome just a little. We spent a lot of time driving around and ended up at the beech, which was boring because the beeches here blow. Then we went to Denny's, which never disappoints. Brinner is the best.

Reading through the first half of my journal last night (which covers essentially all of 11th and 12th grade) was more than a little depressing. I'm glad i've matured a little since back then. Hopefully my 19 year old self won't be as much of an embarrassment to my 22 year old self as my 16 year old self is to me.

So now i'm waiting for my laundry to finish. I still have 1.5 runs in the dryer to get through before i can finish packing, so i figure i'll start on that and be ready for my clothes when they're done. I've got an exciting 3 days of driving ahead of me, and on Sunday i'll be in Utah. Hoorah.

In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

Oh, P.S.- Happy Birthday USA. Just because I'm super excited about leaving you for two years, and have toyed with the idea of just leaving forever because of how screwed up people have made you, doesn't mean i love you any less. The last eight years were hard and a little embarrassing for me as well, but now that we're out of that awkward stage, we can learn from our mistakes and move forward, make new friends keep our best friends around, and find our place in the world. Happy 232nd, and many more.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Since it'll just be three of you, it probably won't be too bad- see you in a couple days maybe.