Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My mom is getting satelite, the apocolypse is come.

Today I got my passport. As such, i can, and must, now be referred to as intrepid. It is cool though, and it makes me feel awesome and global and all that stuff. I've never actually seen a passport before, except in movies, so they've got this aura in my mind similar to that of hovercraft and laser cats.

So yesterday i got back from my extreme utah adventure, and i must say it was pretty fun. The drive out was one of the most pleasant 30 hour drives i've experienced, not the most fun, but probably the smoothest and one of the more comfortable ones. So anyway, we got into salt lake saturday night and stayed at cami's. Somehow, i managed to convince my mom to let me stay in salt lake for a few days, so that was fun. I guess i've talked a bit about that already, but yeah, it was cool.

After my independent friend time ended, the family time started up in full force. Tuesday i picked up my dad and we grabbed some lunch at Hires (which is great by the way, and i plan to start eating there often when i get back to town) and then went to Mr. Mac for some suits. I am now the proud owner of two suits, as well as a whole bunch of shirts, pants, and even some new shoes and socks. We got a sweet insider deal on account of knowing Mrs. Mac's mom, so that was cool. Saving large quantities of money is always fun. After that we drove up to cache valley. The days sort of blend together, but here's the gist of what i did:

Ate dinner with some family and my cousin tyson, who just got back from a mission. Played games with the vail side of the family, including a pretty extensive game of werewolf. Went on a hike up to and past white pine with my dad. That was pretty awesome, and was another instace of the worst possible time to not have my camera. Anyway, cool stuff. Swam a little bit in Tony Grove. That covers everything before the reunion i think.

The reunion was pretty fun. The first day was not great, a lot of people were gone, and the bird refuge was weak. The rocket garden thing was pretty sweet though. I saw promontory point for the first time in my life, and probably one of the last times. The next day we went up to Heber for the Reunion camp. That was pretty cool. It was a girl's camp most of the time, so lots of things that make a lot of sense for girls camp really suck for normal camp. But whatevs, that night we played some more mafia, and the next day we went on a hike and did this climbing thing, that was pretty often, and just a little scary. After that we did those object lesson games they always do at youth conference and stuff.

Lets see, then we drove back, and the next day we we went to Tyson's homecoming thing, and then went to the lions lodge for a dinner deal thing. Then we went back to lisa's for another family dinner, after which we played yet more werewolf. Then we had a talent show thing, which was nice. I played a crappy rendition of Claire de lune, on account of not having practiced in a rather long time, but it was ok.

That night we drove back to cami's and headed off at around 10 the next morning. the drive back was ok, it was kind of hard, but we eventually made it back. So now i'm here. There'll be pictures once i manage to work out this uploading thing, or when i get my computer back in action. I dunno how well the uploading directly off SD card works.

Ciao.

No comments: