Thursday, August 21, 2008

Guatemala plays really dirty, too bad they got beat.

Today i learned how the world cup qualification works, and i decided that i want to go to the 2014 World Cup in Brasil. I figure with 4 non-missionary years to think about it, it shouldn't be too hard to scrounge up the necessary funds and convince as many people as possible to join me (i'm looking at you Logan, imagine how much a six year old Søren would love a world cup.). At South Africa, early games are only 20 bucks for the nosebleeds, so that's pretty reasonable (a nice seat at the final is $900, I can just save a few Euro from my mission and the way the dollar is headed, they'll cover it). But i'm thinking that would be extremely awesome, plus i hear Brasil is a pretty nice place, and it'd be fun to break out my not yet new found bilingualism. So yeah, i think i should do that. I generally don't make plans more than a couple days in advance, so making plans for something that'll happen when i'm 25 is a bit ambitious. I don't have a lot of plans carrying over from when i was 13, but i've been planning on a mission for at least that long, so i think this is plausible.

In present news, today was ok, i went swimming which felt great until i threw up all over the bathroom. I don't think swimming has ever made me throw up before. It was the 200IM that did it. Still, I managed to swim a solid kilometer,and i'll be going back tomorrow, maybe going a little easier.

Anyway, i'm supposed to be sleeping, so sweet dreams everybody.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

You spelled Brazil wrong. And in America we swim miles, not kilometers.

Ammon said...

actually i spelled Brasil right, it's just that everyone else in America is spelling it wrong. I've discussed my issues with the practice of changing other countries' names for no reason.

I had planned to swim a mile, but after i realized how out of shape i was i decided it wasn't happening. And a kilometer sounds nicer than 1000 yards.