Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollap

I think shopping for glasses is one of the most unpleasant experiences possible. I know that's a weighty statement, given the possibility of torture, slow painful deaths, etc, however, shopping for glasses combine my two least favorite activities:

Shopping when i don't already know exactly what i want, and Making decisions that are going affect me for a long time.

This is what sisters and girl friends are for (either girlfriends or friends who are girls, it doesn't matter. Some one really needs to come up for a solid term for female friends who aren't romantically involved. maybe just Girls would cover it. I digress.) The was a cool girl my age to give me feedback on glasses at one of the places we went, but their glasses were unreasonably expensive. The lady at sears was really bad at helping making choices. It didn't help that she kept handing me glasses that were meant for 6 year olds either. Devoid of any helpful feedback, i did manage to get two pairs of glasses, one that are pretty standard and basically the glasses i had before they got all bent and lost, and another that are hip and retro and doctor who-esc. We'll see how they fair.

We had a coupon that basically got us free lenses, but it was only supposed to apply to glasses that cost less than 50 dollars, but the lady gave us free lenses for the nice glasses, so we ended up saving around two hundred dollars, which is pretty radtastic. So yeah, if the sears doesn't get destroyed by the übercane, maybe i'll post some pictures of me wearing a collared shirt with some skinny jeans when i pick up my glasses. I could also post pictures of my new contacts, but those probably won't be as interesting.

I want to go as the tenth Doctor for halloween. I think i'll have to wait two years, since i dunno what the policy is on Trick-or-Treating as elders.

"Trick Or Treat?!! Have you ever wondered why you're here?"

2 comments:

Camilla said...

No, Ammon, I really want to see you in your new contacts. Did you pick a good shape for your face?

Kate said...

I'm excited to see these Hispter glasses you got. Sorry I couldn't be there as your fashion consultant.