Friday, May 4, 2007

What is six times nine?

I was hoping that dark rainy thursday night would be a kinda quiet relaxing worknight with an early closing and then on to a nice spiderman III.

Well.

Apparently rainy thursday night means lets all go work the ever-loving-crap out of Ammon and bring every problem possible. Just a little run through: I think first i broke a glass, that was one of the best things that happened to me tonight. Two people's togo orders hadn't even been rung up when the people got there, so they had to wait an extra exorbitant amount of time for their food, somehow, someone decided to add anchovies to a pizza which really didn't need anchovies, we gave a lady the wrong sandwich, and so she called in and said she wanted the right one. This also meant that another person came to get food, and his food wasn't there. Lets see, that may have been the main things that were our fault. On top of that the system was screwing up, the kitchen was screwing up, expo was having some struggles, and we only had one manager, andrew, who about fired me and hung himself. At the end of the night we were 20 dollars short in drawer, so i had to give 10 dollars, and lost 10 dollars in tips (i say had, i offered to pay it all, but the nice lady who did my report recommended half tips) the worst i don't think they were my fault, but they were my responsibility, so i'll deal. I also got 27 dollars today, so i'm no poorer or anything, oh, and i also got a 20 dollar gift certificate and a trophy. woo.

But i love my job, i really do. It's one of about three things that makes me wish i was staying in jackson. I wish i could take it with me to college. oh well.

But yeah, it's now 3:20, and i have 3 glorious hours of sleep before i start tomorrow, which will probably be about as rough as today, except tomorrow i get my pay check. Word.

Oh, and spiderman was amazing, it made tonight just a bit good, and is letting me go to sleep without feeling like complete crap. hoorah.

1 comment:

caitlin said...

Lj-exclusive my butt. Didn't you talk about how this wasn't part of the "I type one entry for both xanga and livejournal," group?