Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Nothing happens, nobody comes

My 41st post. 41 is a thoroughly meaningless number, not nearly as awesome as 42, or as monumental as 40, but it seems like a bit of a milestone just the same...moving on:

Once again i find myself without motivation. I wish i knew how to make amazing projects, because while i can churn out mediocre - decent projects all night long (so far i've only falled asleep once tonight, happily, i've been snoozing my alarm so it'd wake me up every 15 minutes or so if i fell asleep) really outstanding projects that are remembered for years and years elude me. Maybe i'm just not that kind of person.

Anyhow, today was pretty fun, although there was a definitive lack of swimming and swan diving. we got back from Field Trippin' around 8:40, and i started on my review project. First i found a tree, i'm not really happy with it, but i suppose it'll do. Then i started reading Waiting for Godot for inspiration. Waiting for Godot is not inspiring. It is depressing and oppressing and suppressing and various other ppressings that don't come to mind at the moment. I have a general idea of what i need to talk about, but i'm not sure how i should say it.

In other news, sunday i gave a talk (a sort of mini-sermon thing we do in my church that are assigned to members and such instead of having a preacher. I dunno if other churches do anything like this) which was like 15 minutes long. That's pretty long for me, especially considering that writing a 5 minute speech proved to be too much for me. So that was kinda rockin'. Now i'm just procrastinating. Work is busy, but money is great. Whoever said money can't buy happiness was either very poor or very depressed, because money does buy me happiness. I suppose you have to have some foundational happiness for that to work though...or perhaps i'm shallow and easily pleased. Either way. Back to work.

1 comment:

Kate said...

So I guess all those times I secretly did your projects in elementary school didn't pay off? I thought that would have taught you to create Katie-level projects, but it seems it just made you incompetent. Too bad.