Friday, June 1, 2007

"It's my blog...it's kinda a big deal"

I've been bad about updating consistantly, but, in my defense, a lot has been going on lately. I graduated. That's pretty monumental i guess. It doesn't really feel monumental, i hope other big milestones in my life are less anticlimactic. Despite what people say, i haven't been building up to graduation for 4 years of my life, i've been building up to college, and being out of high school. Being out of high school is not at all dissapointing, and is every bit as independent and enjoyable as i had hoped. Thus far, it's been significantly less productive, and i still haven't gotten in the habit of working out. My New Month's resolution is to start monday working out consistantly and keep going through the entire month of june. I'm going to swim too, so that i'll be in shape for backpacking.

I went shopping today, completely on my own. It sounds kinda stupid, but it's the first time i've gone shopping completely independently for a long time, probably since the cambridge years. Usually i'll at least have to ask to borrow the car, and or clear some spending with the parentals, but today i just up and went after cashing my check, and then went to work.

I bought some sandals, some shorts, and some khakis from target, and i'm pretty happy with them. The sandals are, in truth, more of water shoes, but i like the way they look and this can be fodder for some new nick name. I also need to buy some new running/hiking shoes, but those are expensive, so i'm going to shop around some.

I got another Wii remote on wednesday night for a graduation present, which is pretty awesome. Now we can play 2 player boxing and tennis and baseball on the wii. And i downloaded Starfox 64 and Mariokart 64 for the Wii. I think i wasn't supposed to let logan know, but whatever.

Lets see...in other news i'm working a lot. That's taking away all my hang out time, so i'm having to be creative with my fun times, like in the mornings, or the middle of the night. Yesterday michael and spencer hung out at my house and we played video games and watched a movie until around 5am. That was a bad plan, i was sleepy this morning, and though it was mostly okay, spencer missed his grandparents leaving, i feel bad about that, I really failed at being woken up by my alarm. I don't even remember it at all, at some point i managed to turn it off without waking up. So that's something.

I think that's all that's been going on right now. I got payed today, so i have almost enough money to completely pay off the parents. That's pretty fun. Oh, we now have a house rented down in biloxi. I say we, i really mean they. I'm never really going to live in it, which is weird. But because of that i have to pack up all my stuff and be pretty much packed for college sometime in the middle of june, apparently i'm living pretty much on my own for the second half of june, which is going to be a little weird, probably some fun, hopefully i'll stay productive. We'll see. I think that's all the news from the Ammon front. Stay tunes for the next exciting installment of Ammons blog.

3 comments:

AllPlayedOut said...

Hey Ammon! This is Jessica, I made one of these things too. The thing is, I can't figure out how to subscribe or link to anyone, you know like how on yours it says "other cool blogs." So how do I do that? I hope you'll subscribe to mine, since you are the only perosn I know on here, haha.

AllPlayedOut said...

ay i got a link on your blog! now i am a celeb.

mrdudm said...

Straight up.