Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And I'll form the Head!

I've been reading a lot lately. Today i finished the Tipping Point, and yesterday i finished The President of Good and Evil. Both were good, although the latter was really depressing and made me sad that America is going to crap. It's also sad that politicians running for office are unable to criticize the country without seeming anti-patriotic. I think real patriotism requires working to make the country better. So i'm hoping that the next president will be willing and able to make hard unpopular decisions and convince Americans that the rest of the world matters to and we can't just ignore treaties that we don't find advantageous. So after reading a book about the inconsistencies and hypocrisies it felt good to read a book that was more cheery.

Hillary Clinton is in no way photogenic. I think this is a serious flaw on the part of her campaign staff. Maybe part of it is personal and media bias, but it seems like every picture of her she's on the verge of a psychotic killing spree. She just doesn't have a very nice looking smile.

Look at that baby, it's terrified. And how could it not be? That face is scary.

by the way, this made me laugh, the caption is good too.

Last night i had a dream that i was batman. But i was also billionaire playboy ammon perkes, or actually just normal guy ammon perkes, and there was some sort of snaffoo going on, it seemed like maybe a concert or something. At first there was that rubber fence stuff all around it, but then they let everybody in, and there were lots of people i know there, and they were all playing baseball, but i'd come late so i didn't get to play, but i did distract alex long enough to make him get an error, which was recorded for some reason. Meghan was also there. Also most of the soccer team. I tried to find some food. It was an exciting dream, but then i got to the more superhero-ish part of it, with me in my bat cave, but i had lost all my strength or something, and i needed to break out my prototype armored robo-batsuit that allowed me to fight without requiring me to actually be in good physical shape. At somepoint in here, n'sync came and they were all super heroes. I really don't know what happened there, i remember thinking at the time that they were really lame. I think i might have been robin actually, or else i was taking over for some older batman, but for some reason or another i didn't know the password to the bat suit, luckily there was another way in. For some reason it was stored in a tiny hole. Anyway, just as i was about to break out the batsuit and start fighting crime, i woke up.

I dunno what this dream means, except that i have weird dreams when i sit in bed for a long time in the morning, and apparently said dreams are prone to being disappointing in many ways.

In other news, life down here continues in much the same way. My Mom's back from Cambridge, which is nice. My papers should get submitted sometime soon, i'm a bit tired of waiting to start waiting for my call, so i'm glad it's finally getting moving. Otherwise not a whole lot is going on, my netflix finally got here, so i think i'm going to break out the Eureka. I watched television for the first time in a long time a couple days ago (i've been watching dvd's and online). I was shocked when the commercial lasted more that 15 seconds. One of these days i'll get a hair cut, it's starting to get a little silly.

Scantron Armor, ASSEMBLE!

~More likely to succeed.

1 comment:

mrdudm said...

You are starting to get a little silly.
-Yours truly, Jonathan Breaux

--You like that?