Sunday, May 4, 2008

And so, Ammon waits, Ammon waits, Ammon waits for a call from a friend.

Biloxi is a boring place. This is what i have decided after spending about a week here without doing anything. Biloxi probably would be a more exciting place if i had friends or even family that wasn't busy all day. But yeah, there's just not much to do and nobody to do it with. On top of that, the sick that i got a week or so ago seems to have passed on to Isaac (i carried it all the way from utah, like a modern day plague-rat) so he's stuck home all day meaning i'm stuck home all day watching him. Hopefully that'll be done tomorrow so that i can go kayak the okatoma with some jackson friends. We shall see. i wonder if releasing isaac back into the wild is a good idea, given the apparent contagiousness of it...oh well.

So yeah, not a whole lot going on on this end. I've been watching a lot of tv online, since there are only like 3 channels in biloxi, and one of them is PBS. I need to start exercising, since i need my knee to be in working order, and not doing anything all day seems to make it worse. I don't think it'll be a problem for the next two years, what with the bike riding and such, but it'd be nice to be able to walk into the MTC.

Otherwise i've been pretty bored, waiting to hear from Katie when little Soren joins the mix, since he's due any second now, and playing ben folds songs on the piano and playing a bit of guitar to see if i can't remember how that works. My problem with guitar is that i lack guitar music to learn songs to make it fun. I have figured out "We're going to be friends", and that makes me happy, but i want some new songs. I can't find my teach me to play guitar book, but that was a pretty crappy book anyway, it didn't include fun songs, just boring chord progressions. If i expect to woo some future wife with mad guitar playing skills I'm going to have to have those guitar skills within a couple years, otherwise i'll already have woo'd the wife and lost my motivation for guitar. Then i'll have to pick up my other goal, mad harmonica skills, in order to convey my loneliness when my wife leaves me because of lack of mad guitar skills, so obviously it's pretty critical that i be able to play the guitar. My whole future depends on it, just like Michael J. Fox, or i suppose Joaquin Phoenix, although he never travelled to the future to realize how important it was and avoid a potentially crippling injury.

So yeah, that's life of late. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Sorry you're bored- and now it'll be just you and Isaac for a week longer, since mom(my) is staying an extra week. Bleh. But remember, you were bored here at first and then made good friends, so maybe you'll meet some awesome people there.

I'm enjoying the Wii immensely, by the way.