Monday, January 7, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

Real quick because i need sleep. I'm supposed to wake up to fly back to utah in 2 hours, i hardly see the point in that little sleep, but at least it'll differentiate today from tomorrow, which looks to be a wicked hectic day. I fly out at 6, and classes start at 10:45.

Now that i'm actually leaving i'm kinda sad to go, more than i was the first time. But then last summer was weird, i barely saw any of my family and i was off to new and exciting things. This time i saw almost nothing but my family and i'm off to old but still relatively exciting things. Either way, saying goodbye to isaac was sad, he's by far my favorite little brother.

Today was a nice last day, i had church and then had my dad make some really good asian noodley stuff, and then we played some games and i got packed and so forth. I finished Katie's gift, and it's awesome. There are pictures, but i'm not going to upload them for a few days, thereby maintaining the surprise. Hopefully katie will post some pictures when she gets it. Now all my presents lie in the more than adequate postal abilities of my mom.

So that's all for now, i suppose i'm going to meet my new roommate today, that'll be exciting. I was pretty amped about having my own room, so i've been thinking of ways to get him to leave. He's asian, and i wonder how he would respond to me playing the typical asian music on my keyboard everytime he walks in...or just use the gong sound. I think that would actually be pretty hilarious, and if he thought it was funny, i'd know he was a keeper, and if not, then i'd have 200ish glorious square feet of room to myself...anyway, i guess i'll take what little sleep i'm offered. I've never been one to sleep on airplanes or in cars, so i'll probably take a nice nap in the afternoon tomorrow. So that's it, signing off from Mississippi.

~Sister Susie Sittin' On a Thistle
(for some reason this song is stuck in my head, which makes no sense, other than that it sort of reminds me of the Oscar Mayer Weiner song, which was stuck in my head moments ago.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheesh Hot Dog! I mean, I know he's your favorite brother, but you don't have to say it so emphatically, you might hurt Dylan's feelings .... like you did to mine, my tender little feelings, even if we are only by law, we're still brothers... *sniff* PS don't respond to this on Katie's blog, that is lame and annoying. It makes comments seem random and confusing and of course completely out of context, so from now on, your responses must be on your own blog, unless you're responding to someones response to your comment on their blog, make sense? If not, get more sleep, like I need to do, it's almost 1 am here... sheesh.

Ammon said...

fair enough.

About 10 minutes after i wrote that i realized that you guys are my brothers and that i should change it to my favorite little brother, but by then i was nearly asleep and i remained nearly asleep for the next 24 hours.