Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reason #122 to care about global warming: If the polar ice caps melt, what happens to santa?

I went to the oral surgeon today and it looks like my wisdom tooth experience is winding to a close. On a whole it it's been a pretty chill process. Because they only took out one of my bottom teeth i retained the ability to chew a little, and for some reason i didn't swell up and wallow in my grogginess for days like my sisters did. My mom ascribes it to Advil, but i like to think it's some misogynistic difference between the sexes.

I found out my grades today, and i have a 3.69, which means i still have my scholarship. Woo. I fly back on monday, christmas break has gone really fast, but i'm looking forward to getting back. Life in mississippi feels weird now, it isn't wintery, and i'm not really doing anything, so it's just this surreal, in between time with lots of reading and sleeping. It's been good to be home, but yeah.

Yesterday we went to dauphin island, and i took a bunch of pictures. i also tried to build a snowman out of sand. Sand, as it turns out, is not a very good building material. By the end i had figured out a way to pretty much make it work, but also by then i had pretty much lost motivation, so it ended up a little gimpy.

Today isaac watched the last unicorn, which is probably the worst movie i've seen in my life. It's awful. It has christopher Lee, which was a little shocking, but yeah. I died a little inside. Tonight i think i'll watch doctor who. Yeah.



by the way, tonight mississippi is getting colder than it's been in 5 years. Today i wore a t-shirt.

No comments: