Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy new Year!


Hm, the numbering is off, which makes it look like i posted this a second before new years. cool. I looked at my livejournal (because my blog doesn't turn 1 for another couple weeks) to see what i said last year, but to my surprise i didn't post on new years. my closest post was on the 4th, and it started off with how i had broken my phone. 1 year ago that phone was broken, and it didn't get replaced until about 3 weeks ago. That tells you something about me. Other than the broken phone, 2007 was one of the best years of my life. It was full of accomplishments, changes, and new exciting developments. I feel much closer to being an adult than i did last year (although the idea that i'm probably within a few years of marriage still blows my mind). I graduated high school, i got my eagle scout, i went to college, i was ordained an elder, and most recently i got my wisdom teeth out, the basic right of passage for leaving adolescence, unless you're michael mcnally, and then it's your basic right of passage for being 16...weird-o.

New years celebrations were great. We got a bunch of fireworks, and over the course of the night i got pretty good at taking pictures of them. We watched star wars earlier tonight, and had gingerale at midnight because isaac likes to make toasts.

As far as 2008 is concerned, i think it'll be another pretty big year in my life, since it's when i head of for two years as a missionary. That'll be an adventure and a half. I'm bad at new years resolutions, so i'm not going to try to think of any right now, but i'll come up with some over the next couple days and write them in my real journal. And with that i begin my foray into the new year by heading towards bed.

~a cup o' kindness

1 comment:

Kate said...

When you say Isaac likes to make toasts, do you mean he actually likes to make little speeches or he just likes to clink glasses like he always has? Because if a real toasts were made by Isaac, I'm wondering why there aren't videos of that. Oh, and stop teasing me with all these mentions of your made gift.