Sunday, December 23, 2007

Marley was dead, to begin with.

Hm. Charles Dickens ends a sentence with a preposition.

I want to post my 100th blog entry on new years or new years eve or something, because i think having a round 100 posts for 2007 would be nice. Therfore, i need to post some 5 times in the next week, and so off i go.

When last we left our intrepid hero, he was just getting into biloxi. I spent that weekend with the family, enjoying good food, hanging out with isaac, watching movies, and playing games, all sorts. On monday i went to an Oral Surgeon and set up an appointment to have my wisdom teeth taken out, on this coming wednesday. After that i drove up to jackson and went to a Sal and Mookies party and hung out with caitlin and josh and johnny and meghan, so that was all kinds of an adventure. I slept at Caitlin's that night, since her brother was out of town I had a fairly large room and a bed to myself, so that was cool.

Tuesday i had a dentist appointment, but i watched starwars 5 for a while before that. Yoda is funny as ever. The dentist was about as enjoyable as any experience that involves sharp medal and teeth. I found out i have a cavity in the Widsom tooth i'm keeping, so that's going to have to get taken care of at some point, i guess now i have motivation to find a dentist up in SLC.

otherwise tuesday was pretty chill, i went down to johnny's and got dinner with him, terri, and andrew, on Terri's dime. After that i played a lot of World of Warcraft and didn't go to Emmett's. I thought about it, but ended up staying at johnny's that night. Wednesday i played a bit more world of warcraft and then we went up to caitlin's and did some more hanging out, and i saw michael in all his long haired glory. Roberta was there too, so that was cool. Blow guns are pretty fun.

Lets see...thursday was nice, i stayed at caitlin's again on wednesday and we made brownies. There were originally plans to watch the lord of the rings extended editions, but that fell through. We drove to Cups eventually to drop kyle off, and ended up staying there for a while because Emmett and Tyler were there, so we hung out with them for quite some time. Then we went to spencer's and played guitar hero, which was way fun. Oh, and i saw kirk and michael and, obviously, spencer. I slept at spencer's and played lots of Super mario Galaxy that night, which is a very fun game.

I realized that night that in a perfect world, or at least the ideal life i imagine myself having someday, video games aren't present. I like playing video games, but mostly either as a social event or as a way to pass the time. There are usually many things that i would rather be doing than playing video games.

Anyway, friday was my last full day in down, and it was alright. We got up late and then went to see I Am Legend, which i liked. It's gotten some criticism for the ending, but i can't think of an ending i would like more, i think it's just in that awkward region between sappy and awful, where you find sad but somewhat hopeful. Anyway, i enjoyed it, certainly not the best movie i've even seen, but fully worth the 5ish dollars. Plus we saw Mr. Chris Cambell at the movies and talked for a while and one thing led to another and i got a Sweeney Todd poster, so that's awesome. I'm not sure if i'm going to be able to get it back to Utah, but we can only hope. I feel kinda weird because although Sweeney Todd is a movie i really think is intereseting, i'm not going to see it for as long as i am living under this decision to not watch rated R movies, so it seems almost phoney to have a massive poster of it up in my room...oh well.

after the movie we went back to spencer's and ate dinner. Michael left and a little bit later Roberta came and we played Risk, so that was fun. I lost early due to some terrible luck and poor circumstances. Spencer won late, which made me happy, because Spencer has had more than his fair share of unreasonably poor luck in Risk, and it's resulted in me beating him at least twice.

Saturday i woke up and went a-hunting for Bamboo with spencer for a gift i'm making, since Bamboo doesn't grow in Biloxi as far as i've seen. After that i drove back, and got back into biloxi around 6, at which point i started practicing feverishly for an accompaniment gig i had agreed to do today, which went as well as i could have hoped. Overall the trip to jackson was pretty good, i didn't see everybody i wanted to, i didn't get in touch with hunter at all, which was unfortunate, but i forgot my charger in biloxi so i was living mostly without a phone. I'm planning on going up around new years and hopefully i'll see him and get ultimate going like i had planned.

It's really starting to feel like christmas, we made cookies today, andt here are presents under the tree. I don't have any idea what i'll be getting for christmas, but hopefully it'll be rockin'. I've gotten presents for roughly three of my friends, and i'm pretty stoked about all of them. I need to think of presents for the rest of my friends, and i'm slightly limited by the fact that i have all of 10 dollars to my name, so it looks like a trip to the dollar store. If you get a present from the dollar store, don't take it as an insult, think of it as 10 percent of my financial worth.

~The Ghost of Christmas Presents

No comments: