Sunday, March 25, 2007

I just got my acceptance letter from BU, which is pretty rockin. I also checked my financial aid status there, and between loans and grants and scholerships and stuff i'll get $39,000 given to me. The problem is that that still requires me to come up with around $8,000, most for housing, not to mention the fact that around 5 or 6 thousand of the 39 are loans, so i'll have to pay those back eventually.

Hard decisions. I hear from Penn thursday. I'm hoping i'll get in there and have a healthy scholership. I'm really not sure whether i'd rather go to Penn or the U, especially if Penn will cost me more money. Oh well.

Otherwise, life has been going pretty regularly. Prom is coming up, that means more decisions and, more ominously, lots and lots of money. I think i can probably get money for tickets from my savings account, allthough i'm not exactly supposed to do that, i'll have to convince the parentals that my senior prom is worth going into a little bit of debt to myself. I'm applying for jobs next week, so hopefully i'll be able to work a week or two before prom so that i'll have enough money to rent a tux. If worst comes to worst i can wear that weird one i got from mrs. polanski. But hopefully it won't come to that. On top of prom, i'm already in debt $30 to my parents, as well as various little mini debts here and there, plus some christmas/birthday presents i need to buy. Then i need to buy a Wii and some other things, so having a job is pretty important right now. I couldn't go to TMNT yesterday because i really didn't have any money. That was no fun.

In other news, Cami should be coming in soon. I wish i could buy a Wii by then, but it's not going to happen, due to prom. Fun will still be had though. I think that's about all that's going on here. I need to review The Hudsucker Proxy, but i'll do that later tonight i guess.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on getting into BU. We would love to have you in our neck of the woods and would take great care of you. Just pick your favorite sister and move to her city. No pressure though.

Camilla said...

So you will be 8000 short for the first year, or for all four years combined? And is your scholarship a renewable thing or just a one time thing? If it's just a one time thing, what will you do the second year?

Oh, and I guess I'll still come visit even though you won't have a Wii- you still have a Gamecube, right? I guess that will have to do.

ThePensive said...

Glad to see my blog is finally cool enough to end up on your "other cool places" wall. Not that I write in it ever, but y'know.