Saturday, March 10, 2007

Movie Review V?

the big V, or something, i can never keep track of how many of these i've done. Today movie is Princess Mononoke, from the Hayao Miyazaki collection.

I'd seen this before, and i liked it a lot the first time, and i liked it again. I think it loses quite a bit with the english voice acting, since the voices just don't match what the characters should sound like. Otherwise though visually it was a great movie. Anime was made for ninja like movement. The music was kinda weak, but only the music with singing. The plot was good, rather original and very interesting, with a touch of moral to it. All in all it gets 4 stars, it would get 5, but i don't like those americans but i forgot to put it in Japanese with captions

firefox's spell check tries to correct japenese with ripenesses

EDIT: apparently this is number 7, go figure.

2 comments:

Kate said...

At first I thought your picture was of you holding a stick of butter, and then I thought it was a power strip. But my more-in-the-know-than-me husband told me what it was.

Camilla said...

Hi Ammon. Are you really 18? That is just crazy. Since you can vote now, I am planning on indoctrinating you with liberal/democrat propaganda when I'm in Jackson.

On a more related note, I like snooping on your netflix ratings and queue. I don't think I ever finished Princess Mononoke, maybe I should check it out again.