Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Better off snowboarding

Good couple of days...good couple of weeks actually, but i'll just talk about the last few days.

Saturday was ok, i slept in until noon because i was at a party until 4 the night before, by about 1am the party was pretty much done but there was lots of hanging out, so yeah. I don't really remember what i did for the majority of the day saturday (well, the day i was up for) but i went to this roller disco thing with Cassie. That was sort of awkward, and the roller disco wasn't helping anything, but it was fun times and 3 dollars reasonably well spent. Sunday was good as usual, i didn't wake up in time to go to elders quorum, so i missed that, but the rest of church was good.

Someone told me i had a really good singing voice. I don't quite know how to deal with that. What am i to do in a world where i'm not somewhat self conscious about my singing ability. Anyway, sunday afternoon i ate supper at jake and carl's, as is now my custom, and then played scum, in which i was never scum, so that was good. Then ward prayer, than off to Sara's to hang out and watch better off dead, great movie. I got home sometime around one, but it's all good because monday i don't have classes until 10:45.

I also talked to my parents for a while on sunday night, and that was nice, especially after i realized that everyone was down stairs so i could talk inside upstairs. It is still quite cold outside.

Today was good, class was average, but no major complaints, and then i went snowboarding at 4 with Tim and James and met Jake and Lara up there. Snowboarding was amazing, and even better because it only cost me 15 dollars. By the last run i was getting to the point where i could actually get some decent control in, although i did fall twice right at the bottom of a hill, and that was frustrating. Best of all, no broken bones, and i even managed to knock a little kid down, so i'm going to call this a success.

I did fall really a lot, although by the end i was getting it down to 2 or 3. This time i very consciously didn't fall on my hands, which makes falls a lot more exciting, and a lot less damaging. I did fall on my elbows a lot, so they're a little raw, and Tim tried to spray me with snow and failed and ended up running right into me, so my right hip will probably get a nice bruise. But other than that just a little muscle soreness and chapped lips, so pretty great day all in all.

So that's about the extent of what's been going on. i'm going to go to sleep now, later days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i say super jealous?!?!

weather is being frickin annoying in jackson... still no snow.