Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Matrices and Magnets

I have never in my life been so happy to know how matrices work as i was about 5 minutes ago when it cut literally hours of time off my physics homework that would have been spent mucking about in algebraic mess.

Math teachers should tell their students, in response to why you should learn matrices, that they will allow you to get a decent night sleep someday in college. I lucked out by pairing my math perfectly with my physics classes, calculus with kinematics, and linear algebra with electricity and magnetism. If it weren't 2am i'd make a more legitimate update, but life is pretty good right now. I don't think i'm going to get that job, but that's ok, donating plasma and other things should get me through this semester with a good bit of spending money while allowing me to retain a reasonable social life.

anyway, peace out my sleeping peeps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

crazy plasma donor!!!
what happened with your job? just not enough time?

Ammon said...

Not enough being hired. I haven't heard from them so i'm guessing they found someone who can work there for more than 2.5 months.

You can get about as much money donating plasma as you can working a minimum wage job part time. To donate that much plasma (twice a week) can't be overly healthy, but it's money with no obligations, so woo.

Amy said...

Ammon, I also donated plasma in college and enjoyed the oodles of blood money you bring in. I did it until I got sick several times in a row and started noticing most of the people there didn't look that healthy either. So, I thought maybe I should be keeping my good blood stuff. I don't regret it, except for Dylan making fun of me for my "tracks"; it's all part of that poor college student experience.