Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Starting with a bang, and then some

I'm now done with my first real day of work at Sal and Mookie's New York Pizza and Ice Cream Joint. It was hard. I was a server assistant, which meant i bussed, i pre-bussed, i brought in dishes from the back, i walked around a lot. I think there was about 1 moment of non hectic moving around. But that's ok, i like busy jobs, it goes fast. After i clocked out i stayed to help caitlin close up, which basically meant sal and mookie's got a free hours work out of me, but that's ok, it wasn't hard, and i got a good ice cream cone. Tomorrow i work on Togo, which, considering we're not doing to-go orders until friday, should be pretty relaxed. It'll be a nice break. My feet are sore.

In other news, i got the stipend from the U, which means college will be relatively free. I sent in my national merit stuff, so we'll see what happens there, and i have work study for 5000, and i may have a job up there in addition to that. So it's possible that i'll come out ahead in all this. I doubt it though.

I'm not going to school tomorrow, little freshman's or sophomores have testing, so i would be in the gym all day, and that's not cool. I wonder where the word sophomores comes from, it really doesn't make any sense. it's probably latin or something.

My Eagle Board of Review is thursday, i'm sort of nervous, if i don't get my Eagle i'll feel pretty thoroughly like a failure. So we'll see how that goes, i'm hopeful. Suddenly there's an annoying dog barking at something outside my house.

It's the littlest things that make my day nice.

1 comment:

caitlin said...

Oh annoying dogs. They are so lovely.