Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"You Never Can Tell With Bees"

I was just gripped with a panic at the idea of having missed one of my classes today, but it was baseless. I misjudged how much time there is between 10:30 and 12:55, and so i've been getting pretty severely bored in the computer lab. I wish i could be reading gilgamesh, but i got the wrong copy, so that'd be kinda a waste. I must remember to find something more time consuming to do between Calculus and Math Colloquium, so that i don't get so bored. I'm thinking exercise might be a good option. Nothing much has been happening, i had my first American Institutions class, which was fun, and looks like it'll be a fun class, a sort of combination of Williams and Jones, which makes for some enjoyable classes.

My roommate asked me if i was homesick yesterday (by the way, i really wish roommate had one m) and i realized that i really haven't much. I mean i miss my family a bit, but nothing to the point i would call a sickness. I guess having lived by myself for quite a bit of this summer probably helped to dull the blade of home sickness.

I bought all my books, the amount of money i'm spending is a little overwhelming. Especially considering i still am going to buy a bike and a calculator. It's good that i worked a lot this summer, or else i'd be pretty poor. Anyways, i'm going to go eat my meager lunch and then maybe go to the book store, and hopefully by then it'll be time for class.

I'm Rumbly in my Tumbly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should go to class...

ThePensive said...

I think the Winnie the Pooh quotes are your subconscious way of channeling your inner child, and transporting you back to a time when you still lived with your parents. You just won't let yourself admit that you're homesick. :-)

ThePensive said...

Interestingly enough, I read the same article...I think in Time. It was pretty interesting, and a bit depressing.

caitlin said...

I want a mix of Jones and Williams! All I have is a 'if mr. holman was mixed with mr.s sutton, less country, and totally funny/awesome' for public speaking. And a ms.walters like woman who constantly makes little corny/unfunny jokes, but she's nicer and more lovable for algebra. Yes, algebra.