Thursday, August 2, 2007

"When i dream, on my own, i'm alone but i ain't lonely."

It's been a short while, because my mom went out of town and took the car and computer with her, which reminded me how much i rely on internet for things, like registering for classes, and talking to people, so i'm thinking i need to get all that done today.

I'm getting ready to go to college, not like packing and stuff, i'm just starting to feel the anticipation and excitement of going. I think it's going to be great, although i'm still a little worried about xmisunderstoodx as a roommate, but i guess logan had almost as lame an alias, and he turned out ok, so there's some hope.

Yesterday i got a call from caitlin telling me that i had work. They had put me on SA, which i haven't done in months, so i didn't check the schedule. This meant i had to quit the really excellent super smash brothers game and high tail it to sal and mookies. It was alright, my manager wasn't mad or anything, but it sucks, because now i realize i have to work everyday this week, instead of just twice. That was kinda a bummer.

In other news, my mom and brother being back have made me appreciate having the house to myself, especially in the mornings. It's just so nice and quiet, and even more importantly, there are never other random people in my house that make it impossible to eat breakfast before i have a shirt on, and other such joys of alone living. Oh, and isaac badgering me to play with him is annoying in the extreme.

I've been playing a lot of risk lately, and i've found out a few things. The first, and most important, is to never start a game of risk at midnight. It's really not a good idea. We played risk until 8am on monday morning. Also, without spencer, it's a lot easier for me to win, since we think very similarly in risk, and just end up hurting each other in the end. Finally, i am really really lucky in terms of risk. Maybe it's not all luck, but it definitely seems like i roll better than i ought to. And there's always the great spencer massacre of 2007, in which 40 or so of spencer's troops were killed, mostly while fighting individual armies of mine, by around 17 of mine. He took me down to one troop, but that was enough for me to come back and win the game. That was an odd game.

I watched the simpsons movie. I liked it, it was funny, although it definitely felt the strain of being a movie instead of an episode. There were a few things that were funnier because it was a movie, but mostly there was more plot and less funny. But it was still worth my 7.25, and it was a nice place to finish my taco bell food.

That same day we went up to josh's lake house and swam around a bit, then swam, paddled, or floated across the lake to the pool, where we swam and dove and played chicken and marco polo and other fun things. There was a bit of lightning, but we outlasted it. That was a lot of fun, i hadn't swam just for fun in a long time.

I think that's about the extent of happening things lately. So i'm gonna do things, or something.

No comments: